COVID-19 Preparedness Statement
Last updated 14/01/2022
New Era Technology has been assessing and monitoring the impact of COVID-19, both internally and on behalf of our customers. We are mindful that, as always, the health and well-being of our employees and our customers are our number one priority. As such, we want to share details of our readiness.
Our focus has been on three key elements: the safety of our employees, customers, and partners, the continuity of our services, and being a trusted advisor to you in your business continuity efforts.
We have taken the following steps within our organisation to reduce the potential spread of the virus as well as ensure continued operations:
- Activated our Global senior executive response team to monitor the ongoing developments of COVID-19 to respond to various scenarios as needed.
- We continue to follow and comply with federal and state government mandates as they are issued and updated.
- We follow the Australian Government Department of Health and the relevant State Government guidelines for all contact tracing and isolation requirements.
- New Era has developed COVID Response Plans for all our operations and has trained our managers and employees on how to comply.
- Only business-critical travel is encouraged and all meetings are encouraged to be conducted virtually whenever possible.
- All non-essential personnel are encouraged to work remotely.
- Our support teams are distributed geographically to best serve our customers. Our employees are equipped to work from home. These are the key individuals that provide the support and services to keep our operations, and thus our customers running at peak performance.
- We have reviewed our supply chain for resiliency, including our data centre providers and our network/telecommunications providers, ensuring that each has its own contingency plans in place to ensure continued operations and services.
- Provide essential personnel with necessary PPE.
- All employees are encouraged to get the COVID-19 vaccine.
- If attending a customer site staff must ensure the following:
- They have their PPE kit
- They are well and do not have any flu-like symptoms such as cough, fever, headache or shortness of breath
- They have not been identified as a close contact or are required to isolate
- Agree to follow all site relevant procedures, this includes any requirements to be vaccinated and/or complete a COVID19 test before attendance on site
- Social distancing must be practised at all times, this is particularly relevant when using small spaces such as server rooms
- Sanitise or wash their hands before entering and immediately after leaving a client site
- Wipe down customer hardware with antibacterial wipes before commencing work
- Face masks must be worn in accordance with the relevant State government requirements but are strongly recommended when indoors or when social distancing cannot be maintained
New Era is taking all appropriate precautions and measures to help ensure that business operations continue uninterrupted and that we can respond appropriately to customer requests as they arise. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our team for any questions or concerns you may have going forward.
We will be providing updates to this page as necessary.