The following statement sets out New Era’s policy relating to the collection, storage and use of personal information. Our purpose is to assure anyone who does business with us that New Era will comply with both the letter and spirit of the Privacy Act 1988.
Effective Date 25/01/2022
Your Privacy and New Era Technology Pty Ltd, ABN 24 068 136 274 (collectively and individually referred to as “New Era Technology”, “we”, “our”, or “us”).
WHO WE ARE AND HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US
You can contact us for privacy-related questions by completing this form – www.neweratech.com/au/contact-us
We will only use your personal information in compliance with Australian Privacy Laws (Privacy Act (1988 (Cth)), Australian Privacy Principles and to the extent applicable, with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any replacement legislation or regulation or guidelines and standards governing the use, storage or transmission of personal data.
OUR ROLE IN YOUR PRIVACY
As we are the providers of the products and services on this Site, we determine how and why your information is processed. We do not sell or rent your details to any third parties. We are committed to protecting your privacy and we want you to know exactly what information is collected and how we use it.
WHEN AND HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
- You interact with us on social media
- You complete any sign-up forms, landing pages or send us a direct message via social media or an email to any of our nominated emails
- You participate in promotions and giveaways or any request for additional information such as customer surveys
- You accept our cookies and other tracking technologies on any device you use to interact with us
- You voluntarily submit your information to us for any reason
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT (INCLUDING AUTOMATICALLY)
- Contact details (name, address, email)
- Information about the products or services you purchase
- Information that identifies you (your IP address, login, browser type, time zone, browser plug ins, geolocation, what operating system and version)
- Information on how you use our Site (URL clicks, products and services views, how long you are on our pages and other actions)
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will use your data for the purposes it was collected and related purposes including:
- To run our Site
- To provide you with products, information and services
- To provide customer support
- To detect and prevent fraud
- To improve our Site
- To make your experience on our Site more efficient and enjoyable
- To undertake market research e.g. we may contact you for feedback about our products and services
- To provide you with information about events, other products or services or opportunities that may be of interest
- Monitoring your compliance with our Website Terms and Conditions
New Era will only send advertising mail to you if:
- You have indicated your consent to receive such mail; or
- Where the advertising mail is related to the purpose for which the information was collected; or
- If it would be within an individual’s reasonable expectations to receive such mail.
We also use the information we collect in aggregated and anonymised forms to improve our services, including: administering our website, producing reports and analytics, advertising our products and services, identifying user demands and assisting in meeting customer needs generally.
Any information you choose to make publicly available, such as blog comments and testimonials on our website, will be available for others to see. If you subsequently remove this information, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages on other websites or if others have copied or saved the information.
We may from time to time need to disclose certain information, which may include your Personal Data, to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request. Also, we may use your Personal Data to protect the rights, property or safety of our customers or third parties.
If there is a change of control in one of our businesses (whether by merger, sale, transfer of assets or otherwise) customer information, which may include your Personal Data, could be transferred to a purchaser under a confidentiality agreement. We would only disclose your Personal Data in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
We may disclose your data for the purposes it was collected and also:
- As required by law subject to our obligations
- With your consent
- Within our business
- Send you marketing material (with your consent)
- Process your participation in any promotions and giveaways (including contacting you if you win, displaying your name online and on our social media platforms)
- Share with third parties to enable us to provide our products and/or services
Third Parties Who Process Your Data
We share data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Other companies in our group of companies, as necessary to operate our Site
- Our suppliers and service providers working for us e.g. payment processors
- Our professional and legal advisors
- Third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection
- Law enforcement or other government authorities
- Where we have your consent to do so or otherwise where we are legally permitted to do so
- Share with third parties who enable us to provide our products and services which may include:
- Social media and analytics such as Facebook, Instagram and Google Adwords for purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria;
- Other third parties such as Active Campaign and MailChimp for processing and holding Data that enables us to ensure you are kept informed of our products and/or services, logins and marketing material, offers, promotions, newsletters and blogs.
We use Google Analytics functions. You can find out how your data is collected here and there are instructions here on how to opt-out of Google Analytics data tracking.
WHAT ARE YOUR CHOICES?
Don’t provide us with personal data
You can choose not to provide us with any personal data. However if you do this, we will not be able to provide you with any products or services, however, you can continue to use our Site and browse the pages of our Site.
Turning off cookies
Don’t want marketing?
We will always let you know before we collect any data from you what the intended use is and if we intend to use it for marketing and if third parties are involved we will obtain your consent (which you can withdraw at anytime). You can change your mind about marketing material by opting out by (a) completing the contact us form on our contact page or by unsubscribing within the email if you have previously subscribed to our newsletter.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will provide you with the information within 30 days of your request, unless doing so would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others (e.g. another person’s confidentiality or intellectual property rights). To obtain a copy of the information we have about you, please write to us requesting your information and including your full name, address, signature etc. A copy of your file will be made available within 30 days. We will inform you if a cost applies to finding the information before we perform this task. Please address enquiries to Privacy Officer, New Era, Suite 4/321-323 Camberwell Rd, Camberwell VIC 3124 .
You can contact us to ask us to correct any information we hold about you, that you believe is inaccurate. If you would like to update your information, please contact us via our contact us page: https://www.neweratech.com/au/contact-us/
You have the right to request for your data to be erased. This means we have to delete all information that we hold about you, except to the extent of any information we are required to hold due to our legal obligations. If you would like your data to be erased, please contact us via our contact us page: https://www.neweratech.com/au/contact-us/
If you have any complaints regarding how your data is handled, please contact us via our contact us page: https://www.neweratech.com/au/contact-us/ If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint you may seek a review by contacting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
STORAGE AND SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We realise that our customers trust us to protect their data and we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, or receive from us, we take that task seriously and maintain reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help protect your data.
However, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone and to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website or other publicly accessible platforms. Any transmission of personal information and data is at your own risk as any transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy setting or security measures contained on the Website.
How long do we store data
We retain your personal information for as long as needed to provide services to you and as otherwise necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
In the event there is a breach of our security and your Personal Data is compromised, we will promptly notify you in compliance with the applicable law.
AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you warrant that you are at least the age of majority in your State or Territory of residence. Our Site should not be used by anyone under the age of majority and we do not knowingly collect data from anyone under the age of majority.
COOKIES AND HOW TO BLOCK THEM
We may use web beacons (or clear gifs) on our website and in our emails. So basically when we send emails, we have the ability to track behaviour such as who opened the emails, who clicked the links and collection information such as your IP address, your browser or email type, we then put this information together to improve the performance of our email campaigns and provide you with better and/or services specific to your needs. You will always have the ability to opt out of any emails we send just click the link in the email that says “unsubscribe”.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES