Handles a wider collection of cloud services. Virtualization security is an excellent method for managing multiple cloud services. That means whether you operate a private cloud, store your data on a public cloud platform or use a combination of both, virtualization security is a key component to help you manage your data and keep it safe from would-be threats.
Offers flexibility with features. Like the cloud itself, virtualization security offers many features, including enhanced flexibility. Information security requirements vary among companies, and with many “as a service” providers and apps available, you need to have flexible security measures in place. With the myriad of technologies and tools being created today, it can be challenging to stay up to date. That’s why virtualization security is so valuable. It can handle many important security tasks efficiently and effectively including detecting, protecting, responding and even recovering your organization’s data in the event of a data breach.
Protects in four different areas: Virtualization also offers security on several different levels.
- Firewall. The definition of a firewall has changed. Building protective walls around a cloud platform is not the same as building a firewall to protect your desktop computer, as has been the case in the past. Virtualization works as a firewall since it protects your information no matter where you store it. It also offers real-time intrusion detection.
- Antivirus. Virtualization also offers the standard antivirus protection from harmful malware and other security threats. With ever increasing cyber threats lurking, your antivirus protection must be capable to detect these threats quickly before permanent damage can occur. Virtualization offers that level of protection.
- Compliance. Virtualization security is also completely compliant which you can combine it with automation. This means you gain several new benefits that can save time and make life easier for you and your employees.
- Access Control. As with any security system, you need to be able to control who has access to company data. When you’re dealing with the cloud, multiple users in multiple location frequently require access to certain data. Virtualization offers access controls allowing you to manage who has access, to the information they need to access and when and where they can access it.
- Offers a proactive security approach. In today’s business world, data is an increasingly valuable commodity. In fact, it’s essentially the life blood of business. Virtualization allows your company or organization to implement a proactive approach to keep sensitive information safe. With multiple levels of security, virtualization offers behavior-based protection against many types of threats including phishing, exploits, malware and network-based attacks. Since it offers multiple levels of security, you can stay on top of any potential threats and prevent disruptive and damaging security breaches.
Learn How Virtualization Can Improve Your Cybersecurity
On-site data security systems are quickly becoming relics of the past. As organizations continue to leverage the cloud to store, access and share important data, IT managers are reconsidering how they keep that data secure. With cyber threats increasing, an attack can happen at any time without warning. That’s why it’s important for your company to have the right security strategy in place, including virtual security.
Virtualization security is the next wave of cybersecurity and it’s something you should consider adopting to help manage and monitor your company’s valuable and sensitive information. If you’re ready to learn more about how this valuable service can help your organization, then please contact us at New Era Technology today to see how we can help you increase your level of cybersecurity.