Downtime leads to lost productivity, customers, and revenue and ultimately hurts your bottom-line. This is why business cannot afford downtime and the negative consequences that come with it. It is vital to be prepared when disaster strikes. If you live in the path of regular natural disasters, you know how important it is to be prepared, however, many corporations and organizations don’t take precautions with their data in case of a disaster. This type of risk can lead to damaging results.
Common Disaster Risk Sources
When it comes to protecting data, risks can be present at every corner. Whether it’s a natural disaster, weather-related, human caused, or technical issues, there are many disaster risks that you must be prepared to deal with.
- Natural disasters. Floods, fires, tornadoes, and earthquakes are some of the natural disasters that can strike at any time and destroy your vital data.
- Weather. Major storms such as hurricanes, blizzards, extreme temperatures, or high winds can lead to data loss as well.
- Human Causes. Many times data is lost because of human error, or willful attacks, such as cyber attacks, vandalism, theft, or even terrorism.
- Technical Issues. There are also many possible technical issues that lead to lost data, such as hardware or software that fails for any number of reasons.
Get Prepared with Disaster Recovery
The best way to prepare is to have the proper disaster recovery plan in place. New Era Technology’s Disaster Recover as a Service can help protect your mission-critical data with fast onsite backup and secure offsite replication. What is disaster recovery as a service? Disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS) is a cloud and backup service model that uses cloud resources to protect applications and data from the disruption caused by a disaster. This gives an organization a total system backup that allows for business continuity in the event of system failure.
Features and Benefits of DRaaS
No one wants to lose important data without having a backup plan in place, no matter the cause. That’s true whether you’re using a personal computer at home or you have hundreds of thousands of corporate documents stored on servers in your business location. There are many advantages to implementing disaster recovery as a service. Let’s take a closer look at some of the most significant benefits of using DRaaS.
- Tapeless hassle-free backup and recovery
- Fast onsite server recovery
- Offsite Private Cloud replication
- Scalable to grow as data grows
- Technical support from trusted, local advisor
- Affordable monthly billing
- Lower upfront costs compared to traditional products
- Start with Backup and grow into a DR solution
Don’t Leave Disaster Recovery to Chance
Disasters often happen unexpectedly. That’s one of the leading factors in what makes them so difficult to deal with. When people or companies are not prepared to act, the complications are always compounded. Thus, when disaster strikes you want to be prepared. That’s why having the right disaster recovery plan in place is so important. New Era can help you reliably backup, replicate, verify, and restore your data when you need it. In addition to onsite data protection, your applications and data will be replicated to New Era’s redundant, secure servers and SAN storage technology housed in a state of the art data center that meets SOC2 Type II and HIPAA security standards.
Ready to learn more and discuss how you can be prepared? Please contact New Era today to discuss DRaaS and let’s take a closer look at your disaster recovery plan.